Orange CakeBookmark this
1 Package Pillsbury Yellow Cake mix
1 Package (3.4 Oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding mix 3/4 Cup Orange juice - Tropicana OR Home Made
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs For Orange Sauce:
1/3 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. First Butter and sprinkle flour in a 9X13 cake pan.
2 In a bowl, stir together slowly with a spoon or fork all the cake ingredients first and beat 4 minutes on medium speed with a hand mixer. Pour into cake pan.
3 Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for few minutes.
4 Five minutes before the cake is done, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/3 cup Orange juice, Sugar and Butter for 2 minutes and keep aside. Do not let it Boil.
5. Poke holes with a Fork / Skewer or a Matchstick turned upside down & drizzle over cake five min after removing from oven. Let stay for 15-20 min in the pan to absorb al the sauce and then turn over onto a wire rack to cool.
1. Can substitute Egg whites for whole Eggs to reduce excess fat & cholesterol. Replace 1 whole Egg with 2 Egg Whites.
2. For a more fancy presentation for potlucks or parties bake in a 12 cup Bundt Pan.
3. First time Bakers please use a liquid measurement cup for liquids & dry measure for the dry ingredients. Please do not use the same cup to measure both.
4. Oven temps vary so please keep an eye on the cake from five min before the time is up, extend baking time if needed.
5. To check if it is done please insert a wooden skewer or upside down matchstick in the center. It should come out clean , if it is not then please extend baking time every few min.
My kids loved it
Great cake recipe, everyone enjoyed this cake, I had to make a second one.
Thanks to the author. It is worth the time.
I sure recommend everyone to try this